Young Alumni Program - FAQ's
What is the Young Alumni program?
- The Young Alumni Program is an exclusive club, in which recent UGA graduates will have an opportunity to request renewable season tickets at a special rate for a two-year period (Year 1 & Year 2).
How do I know if I qualify for this program?
- If you have graduated from UGA with any degree (Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral, Professional Student) within the past five years (May 1, 2010 – May 31, 2015) you qualify to request season tickets through the Young Alumni Program.
Where will the tickets be located?
- Tickets will be allocated in the best seating available based on your cumulative priority point score (lifetime giving).
How many tickets can I request through the program?
- Qualifying Young Alumni can request a maximum of 2 tickets as part of the program. Additional tickets can be requested by making the appropriate donation to the William C. Hartman Fund and requesting tickets on the season ticket application in March
How much will I be charged if I qualify for this program?
- • The only cost in the first year of the program is the price for renewable season tickets $315 ($45/per seat x number of home games) plus a non-refundable $15 handling charge. In Year 1, The Georgia Bulldog Club will provide you with a $250/seat donation credit that will assist in future years! In Year 2, you must make a $125/seat donation (The Georgia Bulldog Club will match that donation!), as well as pay for your season tickets and the non-refundable $15 handling charge.
How do I sign up for tickets?
- The first step is to submit your information by February 15th, 2015*. By submitting your information you are not enrolled in the Young Alumni program, you are simply ensuring that you receive a ticket application via email in March. Click here to submit your information.
- The second step is to submit your ticket application by March 31st, 2015*. You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your ticket application in early March. By submitting your ticket application you are not guaranteed tickets, you are simply entering yourself into the lottery.
*No exceptions will be made for these deadlines.
When will I know if I got tickets?
- You will be notified in June via email as to whether or not you received tickets.
When will I be charged if I receive tickets?
- If you are awarded tickets for the first time, you will be charged in late May to early June. If you are renewing your tickets in Year 2, you will be charged in March to early April.
How will tickets be assigned?
- Each qualifying Young Alumni participant that submits a ticket application by March 31st, complete with payment information, will be considered for season tickets. Qualification for the program AND seat location will be determined by a lottery.
Can I request to sit beside a spouse, family member, friend, etc.?
- Yes. There will be an opportunity on the ticket application to request to be seated beside someone else. Please note that if a special seating request is made, both applicants must be UGA graduates and qualify for the program. Seats will be assigned together, using the lottery spot of the applicant furthest from #1.
If I request to sit beside someone and I receive tickets, but they do not; will I still get my tickets?
- Yes. You will receive your tickets based on your number in the lottery.
If I did not qualify in 2014, will tickets still be available in 2015?
- Yes. Each year, The Georgia Bulldog Club will allocate 10% of the ticket inventory available prior to the donor season ticket assignments for this program. If you are a future graduate, or you do not qualify in the first year and still fall within the five year window, you can keep trying!
I did not receive tickets in 2014, but am still eligible to request tickets based on my graduation date. How do I request tickets?
Please do not resubmit your information. You will automatically be sent a ticket application. By submitting your application you will be re-entered into the lottery. If you are chosen to receive tickets you will get an email notifying you that you have received tickets and giving you instructions on how to proceed.
If I did not receive tickets in 2014 and re-apply in 2015, do I have a better chance of receiving tickets?
- Unfortunately, there is no priority for receiving Young Alumni tickets. . Everyone applying for Young Alumni tickets will be entered into the lottery and have an equal chance of receiving tickets.
Can I keep my seats in future years?
- Yes. Should you decide that you would like to keep your season tickets after the first season, you can do so by again paying for your renewable season tickets and by making a $125/seat donation (The Georgia Bulldog Club will match that donation!) After Year 2 of the program, you will transition into a full-fledged William C. Hartman, Jr Fund donor and be required to make the appropriate donation (dependent upon where your seat location is within Sanford Stadium) AND pay for your season tickets to retain your seats.
Can I request additional tickets alongside the ticket(s) I requested through the program?
- You are allowed to request a maximum of two discounted Young Alumni tickets through the program. If you wish to request additional tickets, you will need to make the appropriate donation (minimum of $250 per seat) to the William C. Hartman, Jr Fund and request the additional tickets on the season ticket request application in March.
If I am awarded tickets, and decide I no longer want tickets, can I opt out?
- Unfortunately, no. Once you are assigned tickets, you will be automatically charged for the season tickets you requested.
Renewing Young Alumni Tickets
When is the deadline for donating to renew my season ticket(s)??
- The deadline for submitting your donation is February 15, 2015.
When is the deadline for submitting my ticket application?
- The deadline for submitting your ticket application is March 31, 2015. Applications will be available in early March and you will be notified via email when they become available.
Can I move my seat location?
- You may request to move your seat location. Requests to relocate will be subject to availability and assigned based on cumulative score.
If I want to move to a better section in Year 2, can I just donate more and move?
- If you would like to try and move out of the Young Alumni sections you may increase your donation and request to move on the season ticket application in March. Requests to relocate will be subject to availability and assigned based on your priority point score.
If I increase my donation in Year 2 will The Georgia Bulldog Club match the amount I give?
- No. The Georgia Bulldog Club will only match the minimum required to retain Young Alumni tickets ($125 per ticket).
What happens after Year 2 in the program?
- After Year 2 in the program, you will transition into a William C. Hartman, Jr Fund member and will be required to pay the appropriate donation (dependent upon where your seat location is within Sanford Stadium) in order to retain your seats. More information on the Hartman Fund can be found here: Hartman Fund.
What if I am in my last year of eligibility and I receive tickets? Do I continue on to Year 2 of the program?
- Yes. If you are in your last year of eligibility and you are awarded tickets, you will be allowed to continue through the program into Year 2. After Year 2, you will transition into a Hartman Fund donor.
If I receive tickets through the YA program and do not renew in Year 2, am I allowed to re-enter the YA program after taking a year off?
- No. Unfortunately, once you receive tickets through the Young Alumni program, you may not apply again for the program. However, if you are still eligible should you decide to donate a minimum of $100 to the Hartman Fund and attempt to receive tickets through that process, we will provide you with the Young Alumni credit you would have received in the second year of the program. You must notify us that you have made the appropriate donation to the Hartman Fund in order to receive the credit. Please note that this is a credit only and does not reflect a year-to-date donation.
Can I request single game or away game tickets?
- Unfortunately, this opportunity is only available for season ticket packages.
If I qualify for the program and decide to return to Georgia to pursue another degree, can I qualify for this program again?
- If you received tickets through the Young Alumni Program based on your first graduation date, you cannot qualify again for tickets.
- If you did not receive tickets based on your first graduation date you can either:
- Donate a minimum donation of at least $100 to the William C. Hartman, Jr Fund and receive the one-time 750 donation credit. By receiving this credit, you are electing to opt out of the Young Alumni program
- Re-enter the lottery and be eligible to request tickets for 5 years after your latest graduation date.
Can I add tickets to my account after my first year in the program?
- Unfortunately, during the first two years in the program you will only be allowed to have two tickets per account. In year three you can request additional tickets, assuming you have met the donation requirement for your request.
I recently got married and my spouse and I both have tickets. Can we merge our accounts?
- You and a spouse may merge your accounts AFTER Year 2. The tickets can only be in one person’s name and accounts cannot be separated once they have been merged.
If I requested only one ticket in 2014, can I request a 2nd ticket in 2015?
- Yes. You may request a 2nd ticket; however The Georgia Bulldog Club cannot guarantee that your request will be filled.
I am already a Hartman Fund donor with renewable season tickets; however I qualify for the Young Alumni program. What are my options?
- As a reward for Committing to the G so soon after graduation, we will apply a one-time $750 donation credit to your existing account in March. This will be added onto your cumulative score; however it does not represent a year to date gift. Additionally, you must notify The Georgia Bulldog Club of your donation in order to receive the one-time credit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your account information and confirmation of your donation to the Hartman Fund.
- As an existing Hartman Fund donor, you may still apply for the Young Alumni program, however if you apply, you cannot receive the $750 point credit and tickets through the program.
I need to change my information (address, phone number, email, etc.). How should I do this?